I watched the short video about Emma’s sketchbook on the OCA student site.
I have learnt the following from the video:
– She makes her own sketchbooks that can be adjusted according to different needs.
– She incorporates a collection of photographs; list of words; pictures; bits of printmaking; post it’s; making links between them.
– Her sketchbook provides a clear visual representation of her thinking and creative process.
– It shows how she explored a variety of different ideas from different angles; tried different colour combinations and structures.
– It portrays the whole process from photographs; rough studies; trying out different angles/ techniques; planning drawings; colour studies; reflecting on mistakes; to the final set of images.
– She uses her sketchbook as a functional and practical tool in her profession, a working document.
The way she uses her sketchbook to document her creative thinking process from start to finish, is very impressive. I hope that with time and experience, I will be able to learn to use my sketchbook as a more functional working document.
NAME: Juanita du Toit
STUDENT NUMBER: 522438
COURSE: Illustration 1: Illustration Sketchbooks
The Open College of the Arts (University for the Creative Arts)